Sunday, April 30, 2023

AI Stand Up by AI

 [Bing Prompt] Write a three minute standup set where I'm talking about wacky problems with AI misunderstandings and malapropisms while trying to write television commercials for dubious products while my wife is losing her mind because I'm only paying attention to the AI and our mutual misunderstanding. Make it hilarious

[Bing Response]

Here’s a three-minute stand-up set for you:

So, I’ve been trying to write television commercials for these dubious products, right? And I thought, “Hey, why not use AI to help me out?” Big mistake.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, AI can do some amazing things. But when it comes to understanding human language… let’s just say there were some misunderstandings.

Like, I was trying to write a commercial for this new energy drink. And I told the AI, “I want something that really pops!” And the AI comes back with a script about a drink that literally explodes when you open it. I’m like, “No, no, no! That’s not what I meant!”

And then there was the time I was writing a commercial for this new shampoo. And I said to the AI, “I want something that really stands out!” And the AI comes back with a script about a shampoo that makes your hair stand straight up on end. Like you’ve been electrocuted or something. I’m like, “No! That’s not what I meant either!”

Meanwhile, my wife is losing her mind because I’m only paying attention to the AI and our mutual misunderstanding. She’s like, “Why don’t you just write the commercials yourself?” And I’m like, “Because that would be too easy!”

But seriously folks, AI can be great. But sometimes it’s like trying to communicate with an alien from another planet. You say one thing and it hears something completely different.

So next time you see a wacky commercial on TV, just remember: it might be the result of an AI misunderstanding. Or maybe it’s just me and my crazy ideas.

Thank you and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment