Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Blanket Apology

This is a first draft of an apology for being a sub-optimal friend to the women I have known, many since they were girls. It was prompted by a message to Anne, in particular, who I don't think I have seen for a half-century. When I saw her last, I was perhaps not monstrous (at least not on purpose), but I did not distinguish myself in a way that lives comfortably in my memory. I would like to thank Anne for being gracious despite it all. 
This is also an example of how clumsy AI is at the current time. It demonstrates why you need to develop skill with it in order to get the best results. 

Here is the prompt to DALL-E that resulted in the image below:

User: 

Mole Rat AppearsImagine a fun and fanciful cartoon mole-rat in a two panel image where the mole-rat is a mousy private homebody in the first panel and becomes a glorious gregarious mole-rat in the second panel. Make it a fun illustration for a post.

Here is the text I was trying to improve upon with C: 

Punch up this text that lead to the request for the image prior to this that you seem to have forgotten about: Sorry I was an idiot when you knew me. I am taking a long time to mature. I started a wellness thing last year which I am overdue writing up – designed it with AI and it worked great(!). I was not quite up to the task for a more advanced part of it, but I am hoping that this is a breakthrough year for me. I have made myself a goal of finally acting like a normal human being instead of a mole-rat reading and writing alone. 

Here is the disappointing text generated by GPT:

Reflecting on the time we shared, I recognize that my journey of growth resembled more a marathon than a sprint, peppered with the enthusiasm of a novice rather than the finesse of a maestro. Last year marked a pivotal chapter in this odyssey of self-discovery, where, with a blend of AI's precision and my untamed creativity, I embarked on a wellness adventure. Despite its delayed exposition, this venture, my brainchild, exceeded expectations, weaving together technology and personal insight in a symphony of success.

Yet, as I navigated through this intricate dance of progress and learning, I stumbled upon a realization: I was grappling with the advanced nuances, a humbling reminder of my ongoing evolution. This epiphany, far from discouraging, has only fueled my resolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment